Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Oil-Free Diet Experience: Days 2-7

You will see that I had to eat a lot of homemade foods.  This is because you can't find many store-bought foods without oil or fat.  If you want any recipes, just leave a comment and I'll make a separate post about it!

DAY 2:

Breakfast- 5 strawberries

Lunch- Veggie stir fry with white rice and soy sauce

  • All vegetables were cooked with water or vegetable stock
  • No butter in the rice! Water/vegetable stock only
  • Vegetables included: zucchini noodles (AKA zoodles), mushroom, red onion, and red bell pepper with seasoning salt.
Dinner- Ramen noodles (noodles only, rinsed to reduce starchiness) cooked in vegetable stock, frozen peas and carrots added

Snacks- homemade tortilla chips with salsa, bowl of sugary cereal (it's almost gone, don't judge me) with soy milk

Exercise- It was a weird day for me in the gym.  It was crowded with New Year's Resolutions and I wasn't feeling it, but it was better than nothing.  I did a little bit of legs and abs.
______________________________________
DAY 3:

Breakfast- bowl of sugary cereal (it's gone now!) with soy milk

Lunch- Veggie Stir Fry

Dinner- same ramen noodle recipe

Snacks- frozen mango/strawberry/banana smoothie popsicle (I bought popsicle molds and they're wonderful) with some homemade granola, homemade tortilla chips with salsa

Exercise- back/biceps

Thoughts- It's kinda boring eating the same thing three days in a row but it's my only option right now since I've meal prepped...
______________________________________
DAY 4:

Breakfast- fruit smoothie popsicle with granola

Lunch- Veggie Stir Fry

Dinner- canned tuna (seasoned with S&P) with a side of canned turnip greens

Snacks- chips and salsa, more granola

Exercise- weight lifting class
______________________________________
DAY 5:

Breakfast- black beans and rice

Lunch- chips and salsa and a few vegetables from the stir fry (I was so tired of the rice)

Dinner- 99% fat free canned chicken noodle soup

Snacks- leftover turnip greens, cantaloupe, honey/banana toast

Exercise- rest day

Thoughts- I started going crazy today.  The cravings for anything that wasn't completely flavorless were hitting me hard.  My poor fiancé had to deal with my complaining all day.  I was also really hungry for most of the day, none of these foods would really satisfy me.
Side note- I felt my gall bladder do it's little grumbling thing today, so I think between the turnip greens (which I found out later used bacon grease as flavoring) and maybe some of the soup, I had had a little too much fat today.
______________________________________
DAY 6:

Breakfast- black beans and rice (I'm starting to really despise black beans and rice...)

Lunch- frozen hash browns, bell peppers, and onions (cooked on the stove with a little bit of water), ANDDD, you guessed it, black beans and rice

Dinner- 99% fat free chicken noodle soup

Snacks- frozen green grapes, homemade granola, banana "ice-cream" topped with honey and granola

Exercise- rest day
______________________________________
DAY 7:

Breakfast- banana "ice-cream" topped with honey and granola

Lunch- homemade no-oil herb roasted potatoes (I was needing some french fries)

Dinner- ramen with veggies

Snack- leftover fries, frozen green grapes

Exercise- 10 minutes stair master, 30 minutes elliptical
______________________________________
What I've learned so far is that completely cutting out fat is impossible, and not healthy for you.  So for a few days I would panic if I realized I ate something with fat in it.  The main point of this diet was to avoid nuts and oily, greasy foods.  I have avoided dairy as well as much as possible.

Whenever I do eat a little bit of fat (usually from the ramen noodles), I can hear my gall bladder making the same noises as it used to.  I also will still feel bloating and have tenderness in the area.  I'm not quite convinced that this diet will work but I'm not quitting (even though I really really want to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment